As you may already know, wood floors can take a toll if they are exposed to your pet, especially if it’s a dog. You might have many reasons to choose a wooden floor which is resistant to the comings and goings of a dog. Whether for your own use or in order to prepare a house for renting or selling, it is wise to consider the best available options.
As you begin your search, knowing the dogs breed is of great help when it comes to choosing the right wood floor. First of all, some dog breeds tend to be heavier than others and at the same time other breeds tend to be more restless. Taking these needs and variables into account I will mention the most suitable wood floors for pets next:
- Brazilian Ipe or walnut - This option is an all times favorite since it’s remarkably hard. It is so resistant that it is often used on exterior decks. This type of hardness can be very valuable if your dog has a considerable size or if you think that a weighty or mischievous dog breed can play over that wooden floor someday. Since this is solid hardwood you will be able to sand it down as visible scratches begin to show. Laminated wood is not recommendable because it can only take it limited amount of light sandings.
- Hard maple - This special type of maple has a more uniform and closer grain. It is specifically recommended by the Maple Flooring Manufacturers Association for situations such as this one. It might surprise you this kind of flooring is the one covering many professional and amateur basketball courts. Although uses are different, the same kind of wood is fantastic to stand the stress a dog usually provides. There’s another benefit to it, many people choose a hard maple wooden floor because of their pets and also because it looks aesthetically pleasing, or at least it suits their tastes.
- Bamboo - fossilized and strand woven.Last but not least, bamboo has a long story of providing quality solutions not only in our culture but also to those people living in Asia and in many parts of the world. Although technically it might be considered grass instead of wood, the flooring industry categorizes it as wood. Since it might be submitted to the Janka test it is the perfect solution to stand the test your pet might subject it to. It is growing in popularity at gigantic steps due to Eastern influences on architecture and fashion.
I should also mention that in spite the type of floor you choose you can improve its durability by following some simple guidelines such as:
- Position your dog’s bowls over a mat to avoid fluid and food stains.
- Use vinegar and warm water to clean your dog’s urine as soon as possible since it contains ammonia and uric acid which is discolors and dulls any hardwood floor.
- Clean your dog’s urine every single time.
Visit www.homestadna.com for more tips on how to clean and maintain the beauty of your hardwood floor.
Fruit smoothies are an excellent way to get much of your daily intake of fruits, vitamins, and antioxidants. Making a delicious fruit smoothie in a blender sounds kind of simple… and it actually is! But there are a few tips to make it easier and smoother. (Pun definitely intended!)
- Use the right fruit. Not all fruits are meant to be in a smoothie. Grapes and cherries are yummy but also have too much pulp to work well in a smoothie. Oranges have a similar problem but orange juice gives you the great citrus flavor without all the pulp. Berries are a favorite in fruit smoothies. They are easy to blend and are full of vitamins. Tropical fruit like pineapple and mangoes are also good.
- Half of your smoothie ingredients should be liquid. Trying to blend a bunch of frozen fruit without enough liquid in your blender will be difficult especially if you are using a standard low budget blender. You can use fruit and vegetable juices, milk, or even plain water if you are trying to manage calories. Almond and soy milk are a great source of protein and taste great in smoothies. You can try a combination of liquids to see which you like best.
- Use frozen fruit. It is cheaper than fresh and in many ways is healthier. Frozen fruits and vegetables are picked at the peak of freshness so the vitamins and minerals are preserved better. They will also give your smoothie a delicious chill without needing ice.
- Bananas are one of my favorite smoothie ingredients because of their wonderful texture. Adding a frozen banana to your smoothies will give a great creamy texture. Buy the bananas when they are ripe and on sale. More brown spots means they will be sweeter. Peel them and store them in a plastic bag in the freezer.
- Assemble your smoothie the night before. The next morning, the fruits will have thawed a bit and will be the perfect consistency for blending. It will also save you time and cut down on your morning routine.
- Start at a low speed and increase the blender speed slowly. Wait until you see what looks like a tornado or a whirlpool at the top of the smoothie before you turn up the blender. If you blend your smoothie too quickly, the contents will make an air pocket and they will stop mixing properly. If this happens, simply wait until the air bubble rises to the top and try again.
- Make sure to blend your smoothie long enough. Just because the smoothie looks like liquid doesn’t mean it’s quite done. If you blend your smoothie for at least a full minute after everything looks mixed, it will be nice and blended and even more tasty.
Making great smoothies is really easy and very fun. Follow these simple steps and you will be on your way to a delicious healthy treat. Read more at mainstreetclinton.com: http://www.homestadna.com/fruit-smoothie-in-a-blender/
For parents who are concerned about what their kids are eating, homemade smoothies are an excellent way to ensure that they get all the necessary nutrients they need for the day. It’s one of the easiest ways to get them their 5 full servings of vegetable/fruits a day.
The best part is, it’s actually a fun way to show your kids how to get involved in the kitchen and learn the benefits of fresh fruits/veggies.
A great advantage of using a blender for making your smoothies is that you get to use the entire fruit. This means that unlike regular fruit juices (even those made from a juicer), you not only get the benefit of the juice, but you get all the pulp and fiber to go along with it. Fiber is the reason you feel a lot more “full” after you drink a glass of your favorite smoothie. It carries with it many benefits, including the ability to eliminate internal waste and help digest food more easily.
There are many healthy ingredients that you can use to create a huge variety of homemade smoothies. You can create creamy smoothies by using ingredients like milk and yogurt. Feel free to mix or change it up a bit to suit your personal needs/preference. For example, switch to lactose-free milk if you are intolerant, soy milk if you are concerned about the fat. This is doable for many of the ingredients, not just milk. For example, you can use honey as a healthier alternative to sugar. Your imagination is the limit.
Most people when they make their smoothies, use only fruits. Are you aware that you can create great tasting smoothies using vegetables too?
Having the right combination of fruits and vegetables in your smoothie not only tastes great, but it can also ensure that your kids are getting all the essential vitamins and minerals they need from their leafy greens. There are so many options available. You can use can use celery, brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, cabbages, etc.
These smoothies make the perfect nutritional dessert. They’re delicious, healthy, and something your kids will actually look forward to!
Read Full Article: http://www.mainstreetclinton.com/homemade-smoothies/
Hardwood floors represent a great financial investment that add value and beauty to the house. To keep them looking good care should be taken while cleaning to avoid scuffing or scratching them or otherwise risk damaging the hardwood. For best cleaning results a vacuum cleaners that has hardwood floor friendly features like lightweight, strong suction, maneuverable head and a HEPA filter should be used. Some of the best vacuum for hardwood floors include: SEBO, Sanitaire, Bissell and Hoover.
Best Vacuum For Hardwood Floors
Bissell Versus bare vacuum is specifically designed to clean hard surfaces including the hardwood floors. The Versus has a unique swiveling V-shaped cleaning tool which enables you to maneuver the cleaner around corners and into tight spaces. Bissell vacuum also contains a 12 amp motor which provides sufficient suction power to quickly pick up dirt and a bag-less system which eliminates the need to buy replacement bags (the container is emptied when it is full).
Happiness is a struggle
Happiness, according to some experts, is a state of mind. I feel the same way, too. But getting to that attitude is something that has eluded most of us. The ways are many and suggestions abound; however, doing is far more difficult than just reading or listening to these teachings and advice. We may have an epiphany coming across them, but then we cool off knowing that we’ll be at a disadvantage because others aren’t playing by the same rules. People may perceive our drive towards happiness as a sign of weakness on our part. It may be ironic, but how to be happy in life is something you should fight for and you must never give up on what you want.
One of the best sources of reaching happiness is vividly defined in the poem Desiderata. Readers will find the all the inspiration they need by reading this poem. It covers almost all facets that make happiness possible. One just has to read this poem, and they can find all the motivation required to make them truly happy. But then again, as I said beforehand, action is more difficult to do than just getting inspiration.
It’s not often that we see somebody with skin de-pigmentation disorders. This medical condition is called Vitiligo, which is a very rare occurrence and affects only around 1% of human population worldwide. The discoloration is brought about by the absence of skin pigmentation substances called melanocytes. A darker skin color means more melanocytes are present in that person’s skin, and vice versa.
There are no known causes at the moment concerning its etiology, although some experts believe that it may be the result of genetic disorders and autoimmune diseases. Genetic means being inherited from parents. Autoimmune disease, on the other hand, is an abnormal bodily condition where our antibodies fails to recognize some of our body’s normal cells and mistakenly attacks them as pathogens or disease causing entities. Other suspects are viral activities and nerve defects.
De-pigmentation around extremities and near body openings such as the mouth and nostrils are common; although, in some cases, they can be found all over the body in areas like the breasts and face. The condition is non-life threatening; however, it can be very depressing for the victims due to the “stigma” attached to it. It’s neither communicable nor infectious and doesn’t cause any unpleasant effects at all; there’s really nothing to it. A lot of Vitiligo victims have found acceptance in the society.
Learning how to make alkaline water for free, will save you a lot of money. Especially if you are not ready in invest in a water ionizer just yet, but would still like to reap the health benefits. The effectiveness of alkaline water has become the focus of antagonism between its detractors and supporters. Failing to enjoy the benefits of this wonder water, many critics claim that the whole thing is nothing but a scam. According to them, the water gives none of the health benefits the water is being flaunted for.
However, the advocates are equally firm in defending the efficacy of the alkaline water and the extraordinary results that it bestows to its imbibers. Testimonies and clinical evidences abound and fairly substantiate their counterclaims; the question about whether the water has healing properties or not will go the way of the proverbial chicken and egg arguments.
Why? Because just like some other things that we eat, drink, or use every day, its effects can be subjective in nature. Some people will respond to one thing while effects are none existent for others. It’s the same with alkaline water. Continue drinking the water if you can feel an improvement in your health. On the other hand, since the water is very cheap, you can even make your own free supply; why not make it your regular choice over ordinary water, which, in itself, isn’t superior to alkaline water. Alkaline water doesn’t have any side effects, and who knows what soothing effects it may have on any undetected problems.
You must have by now read many of the new fad diets. You have the vegan diet plan, the fruit diet plan, the alkaline diet plan, and many other diets written by experts, both real and faux. But even the so called experts make some lapses that affect the health of their followers on the wrong side of the equation. It’s not safe, therefore, to plunge right into what is written concerning what food to eat and why. You should read books from other sources too, not only the ones by your favorite authors.
Alkaline Diet Food
One of these alkaline diet books is the Alkaline Diet Food. It’s a very informative reading material and guide, especially if you are currently suffering from a few maladies. You may have tried a lot of other things just to get your health back humming up again, but you still feel that there are some minor tune-ups that your body needs to function at 100% again.